Re: DB creation from script - problems

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 19:14:44 GMT

If this is a new database creation, you can ignore the errors. The db creation script first attempts to drop the objects before creating them, in case you are re-running the script following a filed create attempt. To start your database, make sure your init<Sid>.ora file is in the $ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory, make sure you have the correct environment variables set (ORACLE_SID, ORACLE_HOME), and try to manually start the db from svrmgrl. If there is a problem starting the database it will tell you. You can also check the alert log for startup errors. It will either be in the location specified by the init.ora parameter BACKGROUND_DUMP_DEST or, by default, $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/log.

HTH,
Roy

In article <37BAE6CF.3B4D7536_at_fast.no>,   kev <kevin.porter_at_fast.no> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've managed to create and run my DB creation script - however it
> doesn't do what I expected properly.
> First off, the errors - the first one is:
>
> "drop public synonym v$dlm_misc
> *
> ORA-01432: public synonym to be dropped does not exist"
>
> and I have lots more of these too (about 50 or so).
> Any idea why it's not creating these synonyms in the first place?
>
> I have attached my creation script.
>
> Also, when the script has finished running, if I do a 'ps -auxww |
grep
> oracl' I see that there lots of processes with an 'ORCL' extension,
but
> none with 'WWS', which is the name of the DB just created.
> Any idea why this is? How can I select whichh DB I want to startup?
>
> Any help very much appreciated,
>
> - Kev

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Aug 18 1999 - 14:14:44 CDT