Re: DB creation from script - problems

From: Xuequn Xu <xux_at_informa.bio.caltech.edu>
Date: 18 Aug 1999 18:48:26 GMT

Simply ignore these "object dose not exist" errors. The drop statements are there to make sure a clean creation (in case those objects DID exist before).

Robert Xu, Oracle DBA
Caltech, Pasadena, CA

kev (kevin.porter_at_fast.no) wrote:
: Hi,

: I've managed to create and run my DB creation script - however it
: doesn't do what I expected properly.
: First off, the errors - the first one is:

: "drop public synonym v$dlm_misc
: *
: ORA-01432: public synonym to be dropped does not exist"

: and I have lots more of these too (about 50 or so).
: Any idea why it's not creating these synonyms in the first place?

: I have attached my creation script.

: Also, when the script has finished running, if I do a 'ps -auxww | grep
: oracl' I see that there lots of processes with an 'ORCL' extension, but
: none with 'WWS', which is the name of the DB just created.
: Any idea why this is? How can I select whichh DB I want to startup?

: Any help very much appreciated,

: - Kev