Re: DB creation from script - problems

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 19:37:02 +0200

This is because the script has been written to be capable of being repeated. You should ignore this message, it means nothing! As to the startup issue,
please make sure your oratab is correct. On most Unix ports it is located in /etc/oratab.
The SID should be there as follows
WWS <your oracle home> Y
(which signifies whether the database will be started automatically at boot, when the boot scripts
have been configured properly)
Before you start a database manually you need to set $ORACLE_SID. You are advised to do that by using
. oraenv

This will read /etc/oratab, and set all environment variables accordingly. I'm a bit tempted to use a famous four letter abbreviation.

Hth anyway,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA