Re: urgent - can't do anything till fixed

From: Tapan Trivedi <tapan.trivedi_at_abbnm.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 12:07:23 -0500

Kev,
 Hi. You can do a shutdown abort first. Then you can go and modify your init.ora or config.ora to reflect the backup controlfile (if you have one) and then do a startup nomount from svrmgrl. If this succeeds then do a
  alter database mount.
If this succeeds then do a
  alter database open.
If all these three succeed then you have it made. In any case this is a very good Backup and Recovery experience.

                                Tapan H Trivedi