Why doesn't Oracle run at 100 percent processor time on queries??

From: Michael Keppler <Michael.Keppler_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 16:58:37 +0200

Hello everybody !

We have a dedicated Oracle 8 Server running on NT. Sometimes we run many queries in one transaction or use queries that need some seconds to process. And I never see the percent processor time higher than maybe 30 or 40 percent. And its not because of disk performance, the raid set is only sometimes reading or writing.

How can I get Oracle using all the available processor time? That would make my queries as double fast as now and at the moment there is only one client making connections to the database.

Thanks and Good Bye, Michael.

--
Michael.Keppler_at_bigfoot.com Received on Wed Aug 18 1999 - 09:58:37 CDT