Re: Change the default password for INTERNAL.

From: Murali Kazhipurath <murali_at_jps.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 02:11:27 -0700

I just thought I will let you know that Oracle provides a way to do 'connect internal' without a password. This would require creating local groups under NT (like dba group under Unix). It also requires SQL*Net configuration. Depending on the version of Oracle you are using, check the manual.

Murali

Juhan Kundla wrote in message <37B9661B.55890456_at_ensib.ee>...
>Internal password is only an issue on NT in that sense, that on Unix,
>which is more secure OS, everybody uses operating system authentication.
>But on NT the password file authentication is commonly used. There is an
>utility orapwd (Unix) or orapwd80 (NT + Oracle 8.0.xx), which can be
>used to change the internal password.
>
>And yes, there is a so called default password for internal, which is
>"oracle" if the starter database is created during Oracle installation.
>I have created all my databases manually using oradim and svrmgr, so I
>didn't know that.
>
>Glenn Heinze wrote:
>>
>> I believe the internal password is only an issue on NT. I don't have an
NT