exporting from Oracle8 using Exp80

From: John Seitz <john_seitz_at_protelinc.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 10:20:32 -0400

I have one instance of Oracle Server 8.0.5 on NT. I have one user called PAN. I export the PAN user with GRANTS off and Compress Extents off. The export ends without warnings.

Now on the same machine and instance, I have another user called GTE. I want to import the data that I exported from PAN. So I use imp80 and I login as GTE. Imp80 tells me that I'm importing PAN objects into GTE. It runs without errors

Now here is the strange part. ALL the PAN objects are imports as GTE objects but placed into the tablespace where PAN is set for default. I made sure the user GTE default tablespace is a completely different Tablespace.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have done this before moving an entire scheme from one user to another on the same instance and box.

Any Help? Thanks

John Received on Wed Aug 18 1999 - 09:20:32 CDT