Re: raw devices

From: DM <dm_at_auto.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 10:21:51 -0400

Hello,
Thanks Jonathan. I have a better picture now. By using the oflag set this way, Oracle makes the integrity problem disappear, leaving only the speed problem. The problem was that on the Sybase side the mantra is use raw devices for integrity reasons. Probably they use another setting, eliminating the speed problem.
And thanks for your web site. I bookmarked it.

I continue to apologies for my fake e-mail address but this is the best way I found to combat spam.