Re: Column level security ?

From: Xuening Sun <ba503_at_torfree.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 13:30:56 GMT

Hi, Ken,

 You might want to try the following GRANT statements:

 GRANT insert (col1, col2, ...) on table1 to user_name; or GRANT update (col1, clo2, ...) on table1 to user_name; or GRANT select (.....) on table1 to user_name;

 Hope this helps.

Xuening Sun
--
Ken Sproule (kenmn_at_tds.net) wrote:
: As always, I would like to thank in advance those who help.

: I assume in Oracle you can set permissions on an individual
: column.

: Does anyone know how I can restrict user access at the Column
: level?

: Thanks,

: Ken Sproule
: kenmn_at_tds.net