Re: Cascade Update? 7.3.4 Server

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 12:03:59 GMT

A copy of this was sent to khs_at_netset.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Wed, 18 Aug 1999 00:41:47 GMT, you wrote:

>I have a table with a unique key composed of three columns. This table
>has many children tables with foreign keys. I want to change the value
>of one of the columns in the unique key of a row in the parent table
>and have that change proprogate down through all child tables and
>rows. How do I do that? Is that default behavior? I see a cascade
>update option with MS Access and Sybase, is there a like option with
>Oracle?
>
>Thanks in advance for your help!
>
>JimS

there is no declaritive way to do it but see the URL in my signature below for a solution.

btw: Sybase explicity doesn't support update cascade either. Their smaller sql anywhere database does but not the Sybase database....

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Wed Aug 18 1999 - 07:03:59 CDT