FAST_ROWS does not work properly?

From: Franz Mueller <franz.mueller_at_orbis.de>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 07:21:25 GMT

Hi,

I have got an app which issues the following SQL: SELECT .. FROM .. WHERE Col1 like 'A%' ORDER BY Col1 Since the answer set can be quite large I would like the server to output rapidly the rows (instead of maximizing the overall troughput). Since there is an index on Col1 I use the hint /* FIRST_ROWS */ which should use the index (where the data is akready sorted) and output the data directly. On MS-SQL-Server 7 this approach works well. On ORACLE it seeems no to work.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Franz Received on Wed Aug 18 1999 - 02:21:25 CDT