explanation for BUFFER size needed for IMPORT

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNOSPAM_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 21:21:05 GMT

Can Buffer really be too large? I set it to 50M to 200M, but then I got the following error.

IMP-00020: long column too large for column buffer size num Cause: The column buffer is too small. This usually occurs when importing LONG data.

Action: Increase the insert buffer size 10,000 bytes at a time up to 66,000 or greater (for example). Use this step-by-step approach because a buffer size that is too large may cause a similar problem. Received on Tue Aug 17 1999 - 16:21:05 CDT