Re: moving tables from one tablespace to another

From: Yosi Greenfield <yosi_at_newsalert.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 17:47:50 -0400

Jessie,

You could:

  1. create table newtable tablespace new_tablespace storage (storage clause) as select * from oldtable;
  2. rename oldtable to something else (if you want to keep it), and,
  3. rename newtable to oldtable.

Of course, export will do other objects (indexes, constraints, etc.) for you. If you can recreate those, the solution above is simpler. There are scripts all over the net to recreate a table's objects. I don't have any that I use myself to recommend.

HTH, Yosi