database links problem

From: Galaxy Admin <galxyadm_at_nortelnetworks.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 15:15:14 -0400

I have created a database link by the following statement:

sql> create database link galaxy connect to galaxyadm identified by galaxyadm using 'galaxy';

Assuming all is well and I have the tnsnames.ora entry and user/password is correct.

When I try to do the following query:

sql> select emp_at_galaxy
ERROR:
ORA-02248: invalid option for ALTER SESSION ORA-02063: preceding line from GALAXY

this error comes up, I do not know what is going on?

I can only think of a few possibilities:
- listener.ora file is incorrect

Thanks ahead of time for the help.

--
Peter Chan, Nortel Networks email: chanp_at_nortelnetworks.ca Received on Tue Aug 17 1999 - 14:15:14 CDT