utl_file paths

From: Sean Dillon <sean_at_digisys.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 11:39:46 -0600

(NT Environment)
I'd like to use the utl_file package in a trigger to export inserted or updated data to a text file. I'm having trouble identifying the path - local paths work fine because they can be referred to simply, like '/mydir', but I can't seem to figure out how to specify a share. Have tried UNCs and permanent drive-letter mappings.

Anybody successfully used utl_file to write to a dir on a machine other than the Oracle server itself? Received on Tue Aug 17 1999 - 12:39:46 CDT