Re: Oracle8 server for linux starting

From: JOE B <techsupport_at_jobs-it.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 17:40:00 +0100

Besides:
Create a file called S90dbadmin (or whatever you want it in the init level 2 or 3)
with:

if [ -f /opt/oracle7/bin/dbstart ]; then   su oracle7 -c /opt/oracle7/bin/dbstart fi

You also need one to shut down your database gracefully so: Create a file called K90dbadmin (or whatever you want it in the init level 2 or 3)
with:

if [ -f $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbshut ]; then   su <ORACLE_USER> -c $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbshut fi

Joe B.
http://www.jobs-it.net "whatever job you need in IT"