Re: archive log destination-HELP!!!

From: DBA <udayb_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 10:40:33 -0400

check out the articles about the archiver best practices on this web site. if you are going to have export as your backup strategy, why do you need archive logs at all. A simple rule is that archive logs are required for point in time recovery and you can use them with a physical backup but not with logial backup.

http://www.dblinks.net/Oracle/Technical_Docs/Backup_Recovery/

http://www.dbasupport.com/dsc/bnr/