Setting up a query timeout on Oracle8/SunOS

From: Homepages <tom.hartley_at_homepages.ltd.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 10:29:00 +0100

Hi

I'm after setting up a timeout, of say ten minutes, on queries on the database that sits behind our webserver - occasionally the queries take almost an hour to come back - the visitor to the website would have gone somewhere else at least 55 minutes before :-)

Is there any way to set this up at a database level - I've had a good look through the oracle setup files but to no avail - all suggestions gratefully received. I'm loathed to do it by an alarm as the database is driven from Perl which isn't too good at handling alarms ...

tom

Tom Hartley                         +44 181 763 2445
Technical Director              tom.hartley_at_homepages.co.uk
Homepages Ltd                 www.homepages.co.uk

          HOMEpages - Site of your next home in the UK