Re: Oracle 8.0.5 RMAN restore problem

From: Alex Hudghton <alex_at_alenda.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 08:46:39 +0100

Sanjeev Sagar wrote in message <37B8292F.1DD9400C_at_hotmail.com>...

>Alex, It's a bug only on solaris with Oracle 8.0.5 It's resolved in 8.0.5.1
>which i did. Now it's working fine. Can you verify my another question
about
>creation of tablespaces with raw devices. Let me explain it once again.
>
>I have a raw device like '/dev/c0t0d0r1' i created link to that raw device
>like '/ix/ora_system.dbf'
>
>When i create the tablespace it's giving me error that file exists. So i
used
>the keyword 'REUSE'. It worked fine. IS it a right way to configure raw
with
>Oracle or there are some other way?

Sanjeev

I am currently working with Digital UNIX and the procedure I follow is :

make raw device - /dev/rdrd/drd1 for example create tablespace 'xxxx' datafile '/dev/rdrd/drd1' size 'nnn'

We don't have any links - why are you using them ?? I think this may be why you are having to specify 'REUSE'

Alex Received on Tue Aug 17 1999 - 02:46:39 CDT