Installing Oracle 8.0.4 on NT

From: Carles Bayés Martín <cbayes_at_comb.es>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 08:54:50 +0200

Hello,
I've been working for a while with MS SQLServer and now I'm trying to install Oracle Server 8.04 on NT, but I have some problems: I choose typical installation and once installed I create a Database. The problem is that I cannot enter the database with the Enterprise Manager (neither the new Database and the default one: ORACLE). I don't know how I must write down de name of the service (I've tried with OracleServiceORCL, OracleStartORCL, ORCL, ORACLE,...) I get this message: "ora-12154 TNS couldn't resolve the service name" (or something similar, I don't remember it exactly).

I need HELP

Thank you

Carles Received on Tue Aug 17 1999 - 01:54:50 CDT