monitor space

From: Brian Yan <by999_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 22:48:14 GMT

Hi there,

I am confused now. My space monitoring report shows that the percent free of tablespace is close to 0%, but my supervisor still said it had plenty of space. The reason is as follows,

Tablespace TS1 has size 500M, it only has one table TB1 on it. TB1 has a big initial extent 499M, although right now the row number of TB1 is zero. In this case, percent free of a tablespace does make sense at all.

My question is, is there a way to calculate the percent of used space rather than the allocated space? I tried out several methods, but it looks like DATA Dictionary does not contain "space used" information. Please let me know if you have a way to calculate the used space.

Thank you.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Aug 16 1999 - 17:48:14 CDT