Upgrade to Oracle8

From: Frank Siegel <NorthernSnow_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 16:55:39 -0400

I am planning an Oracle8.0.5 upgrade from 7.3.4. I've been told that if you make a mistake using the upgrade utility you must restore from backup. For this reason I'm thinking of just building the instance and dB from scripts. I do not need any data for the upgrade!
I can rerun the data warehouse dB loads. Should I just use the CREATE database command with Oracle8 setting the redo and rollback, TEMP etc.? I can recreate all the tablsepaces with DDL and I can export all the schemas without the data (from the old) and then import (into the new).

Any advice on the Oracle8 upgrade? Any advice on Oracle 8 networking or environment varbiales to look out for?

Thank You!
Frank Received on Mon Aug 16 1999 - 15:55:39 CDT