Re: webDB -->How to use it??

From: Rick Jolley <rjolley_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 16:17:25 -0400

WebDB is an easy way to Web-enable your database. It allows you to build web applications easily with a web interface.

To access an instance of WebDB, you need a javascript-compatible browser, like Netscape Navigator, IE,etc.

To configure webdb, create an alias in
$ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora named webdb to point to the instance where WebDB is installed. Then point your browser to http://machine_name:port/WebDB, where machine_name is the name of the machine WebDB was installed to and port is the port the WebDB listener is listening on. You should then be on the opening page for WebDB.

I beleive there are some tutorials on the WebDB CD. Also, there is infomation available on http://technet.oracle.com. The memebership is free and there is a lot of information available.

Hope this helps.

Rick

Any corrections or modifications are welcome.