Re: C++ to Oracle Server

From: <dgallardo_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:14:39 GMT

Fast? What do you mean by fast? You inevitably lose performance if you have to go through multiple layers of software. ODBC is probably adequate for many or even most applications, but I wouldn't use it for mission-critical high-volume applications.

In article <7p3e09$12$1_at_news1.skynet.be>,   "Dirk Bellemans" <Dirk.Bellemans_at_skynet.belgium> wrote:

> What's wrong with ODBC? As long as you use a good driver (Intersolv,
f.i.)
> and with bulk row fetching, it is fast. And you ar able to use MFC,
ADO and
> all these other nice M$ stuff :-)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Aug 16 1999 - 12:14:39 CDT