Re: log_archive_dest in init.ora

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 19:12:40 +0200

Had a similar problem two weeks ago at a customer. Oracle was installed on FAT drives, the archive drive was a NTFS drive. Remembered remarks of Oracle in the early Oracle7 days you can run it on either FAT or NTFS systems
(FAT preferred), but you can't mix them. Also, IMO, you shouldn't route your archive logs to a network drive. This will become a performance bottleneck.
You probably don't have other options, but anyway.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA