Query Button Not Working

From: Chuck Bridgman <tdcbridg_at_infinet.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:02:02 GMT

Using Forms 4.5...
I've ran into several instances where the query function does not execute properly. I'm referring to the Query Button on the default button palette.  I think in ever case this has happened, I took an existing table that was already populated and made an input form for it.

Exactly what happens:
I run the form, press the Query Button, type in the info I want to be queried, and press query again. I get the message, Err - Query Was Unable to Retrieve Records... I know the value I'm typing is correct. I even went as far as copying a queried value, then pasting it into the text box to be queried, and I get the same results.

In the past when I ran into this problem, I re-input the information I wanted to query using the input form I made. That seemed to do the trick. But this time I am dealing with several thousands records. The only reason I could think of as to why this is happening is... I couldn't really. But I think it might have something to do with data types?? Has anyone else ran into this problem or know the solution to it?

Courtney Received on Mon Aug 16 1999 - 12:02:02 CDT