Bitmap index limits concurency

From: Mark Wagoner <mwagoner_at_no.spam.iac.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 14:54:01 GMT

We have found a strang problem regarding inserts into a table with bitmapped indexes. If two or more transactions attempt an instert, it seems the latter inserts are blocked until the first transaction is commited. If we drop all the bitmap indexes (there are four, dropping 1-3 has no effect) this problem goes away. Regular indexes also exist against this table and they cause no problem.

Has anyone else seen this? We are using 8.0.5.1.5 on NT. --
Mark Wagoner
To reply, remove no.spam from my e-mail address Received on Mon Aug 16 1999 - 09:54:01 CDT