External Procs...passing pl/sql tables as parameters to dll's

From: Steve B <steve.bright_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 11:29:39 +0100

I've been given the unenviable task as a non-C programmer to devise a way of passing long raw data ( selected from a database table ) to a C dll....

I've written the following code to define my external library and function to call the dll...what I don't know is the way to define the c function, being a novice at C programming...

My main problem is the definition of the datatype that the C program is expecting as a parameter.

The following is the function and datatype definitions.....

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE pnet_ext_procs_pkg AS

TYPE curveType IS TABLE OF LONG RAW INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER;

END;
/

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION TEST_BOOKEDTIME (
  prActCurve IN OUT pnet_ext_procs_pkg.curveType,  )
RETURN BINARY_INTEGER AS LANGUAGE C
LIBRARY test_pldll
NAME "bookedTime";
/

I want to call the test_bookedtime dll function...passing the correct datatype as a parameters..

Has anyone any ideas how this can be achieved ???

Can it be achieved using external procedures or must I delve into the world of Pro*C or something like that ??

Is there an easier way to do this ??

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated...

Cheers

Steve Bright

steve.bright_at_capgemini.co.uk Received on Mon Aug 16 1999 - 05:29:39 CDT