Strange temorary lockups in sqlplus/svrmgrl (Oracle 8.0.5.1 EE on Linux)

From: Tim Kutergin <tim_at_inforis.ru>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 11:26:12 +0400

Hi !
I have some strange delays executing commands from sqlplus or svrmgrl. Sometimes there is significant delay between entering command and it execution. It is not correlated with command complexity or server load. There is no disk activity, so it is not swap. I this this is something like waiting on semaphore. Did anybody seen something like it ?

TIA
Tim Received on Mon Aug 16 1999 - 02:26:12 CDT