Re: Oracle 8 Personal Edition

From: Mike Morgan <mmorgan1_at_mail.tds.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 03:57:50 GMT

Personal Oracle is designed to be just that ... personal. A standalone database (ala MS Access). There is no listener with Personal Oracle so you cannot connect to it from a remote client. If that is the functionality you desire, then you need - minimally, Workstation edition or, perhaps, Enterprise Edition.