Re: Function-based Index

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 01:02:13 GMT

To create a function-based index in your own schema on your own table, you must have the QUERY REWRITE system privilege.

On 15 Aug 1999 16:45:14 GMT, "fumi" <fumi_at_tpts5.seed.net.tw> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Oracle 8i supports the function-based indexes.
>I have consulted the SQL Reference, and Tunning manual,
>and set the "QUERY_REWRITE_ENABLED" parameter to be TRUE.
>
>I tried it using a account with DBA role privilege, it works.
>But when I tried it using the default "scott" account,
>I got a error message "ORA-01031: insufficient privileges" (see the following).
>Does anyone know which privilege is lack for scott account
>to create a function-based index?
>

>SQL> create table test (
> 2 a number,
> 3 b number);
>
>Table created.
>
>SQL> create index ind_test on test (a+b);
>create index ind_test on test (a+b)
> *
>ERROR at line 1:
>ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Service Industries

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Sun Aug 15 1999 - 20:02:13 CDT