Re: Creating DB

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 14:54:03 +0200

Hi,
Your post gives very little clues to what you are exactly trying to accomplish. Are you trying to install a client only, or a full product. If you have Oracle 8 Server: it won't run on Win95. You need Personal Oracle 8.
Normally a database is automatically created in the installation process, unless you explicitly specify you don't want it. The error message 12560 is a generic error message, usually signifying a driver is not installed or not working properly. However there usually are associated error messages. We need to have that. Check your sqlnet.ora in %ORACLE_HOME\net80\admin for the following lines

trace_level_client = user (or 16 if you want to see everything)
trace_unique_client = true
trace_directory_client = <Your oracle home>\net80\trace.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA