Re: Oracle 8i

From: Ken North <ken_north_at_nospam.compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 23:59:54 -0700

Murali Kazhipurath wrote in message <37b1416b_at_news1.jps.net>...
>I am writing this to gather information from those who have installed
Oracle
>8I under Windows NT. Any words of wisdom? Any known issues? Any
patches?

  1. Be sure your Virtual Memory paging file size is set to 200 MB or more
  2. If you install on the same NT server that is running Internet Information Server 4.0, be sure to make a backup copy of IIS's metabase.bin file. (\WINNT\system32\inetsrv\metabase.bin).

Database Magic with Ken North
(the first book to explain Java in the database) http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Ken_North/dbmagic.htm Received on Sun Aug 15 1999 - 01:59:54 CDT