Re: Change the default password for INTERNAL.

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 22:52:53 -0400

   You probably changed the password for sys when the database was up = using an "alter user sys identified by...". There are two password = files. The first is used by Oracle when the instance is started. You = work with this file using the password utility. The file is useful = because until the database is mounted, Oracle can't get at the password = file in the database. When you work with this first password file you = set the passwords for internal and sys at the same time.

    The second password file is held in the database and this is = probably the one you modified. Here you can set the password for sys = (but not internal).
  Ravi Kondamuru <ravi_at_adicomw.com> wrote in message = news:c24t3.772$YB3.33706_at_news1.frmt1.sfba.home.com...   Hi,

      I have been able to change the password of SYS from the default. = However I have found that the alias "INTERNAL" still has the default = password. Can someone help me understand how to change the password for = INTERNAL.   thanks,