Re: Oracle8i Solaris x86

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 11:46:28 +0200

The messages says your database is not running. The database is started as part of the installer, obviously before the Net8 configuration assistant runs.
If dbstart also fails, you should post the exact error message. You didn't install by any chance everything connected as root, did you?

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA