Re: Need to move a long column to it's own table

From: Ricardo Cardenas <cardenasricardo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 13:57:08 -0500

Have you tried moving the rest of the fields out of the table, instead of trying to move the LONG out? i.e.

create table new as select fldpk,fld2,fld3 from old;

Then drop columns from the old table as needed, and rename the new and old tables as needed. (I haven't tried it, but it should be easier and faster than trying to move the LONG around.)