Test instance question

From: Roger <rvbaker_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 18:53:15 -0400

I'm pretty new to Oracle .... experienced Sybase / SQL Server DBA, so excuse the question.

I'm attempting to set up a second instance (on the same server) to test

our applicaton.
The instance was created using oradim73 (platform is NT) and appears to be okay.
However I cannot connect via Enterprise Manager. Gives me an error about

TNS service name not found.

I've manually added an entry in tsnames.ora and have looked at listener.ora, but cannot find how to
enter details for two instances on one machine. Can someone help me with the configuration, or some advice - where to look.

Cheers Received on Fri Aug 13 1999 - 17:53:15 CDT