Re: Alert: Thread 1 cannot allocate new log

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 16:26:26 +0800

Darren John Capper wrote:

> Kevin,
>
> <Snip>
>
> > This either means that ARCH process has not finished with it if in Archive
> > Log Mode or...
>
> Do you mean the process is hanging? Waiting for, say, some disk space to be
> made available?
>
> Regards,
> Darren

In a sense yes...

The disk space to become available will one your log files...THe archiver is busily trying to copy it off to the archive log destination, yet the database is saying "Hello - can I use this logfile now?" The archiver obviously says "Nope - I'm not done" and thus your database pretty much sits arounds on its butt doing nothing...

Resolution ?

More log files or larger log files...

HTH
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Fri Aug 13 1999 - 03:26:26 CDT