HELP - URGENT : Newbie and crash

From: Marc Ledauphin <mledauph_at_club-internet.fr>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 16:47:16 +0200

I'm newbie in Oracle, so it's a great problem to me. Any help are welcome:

I've a very important database running on SCO (Oracle 7). This good SCO host gave me a kernel pannic error!
After rebooting the host, I've tried to start the data base, I've got the message : database mounted and nothing else... After a look in the alert.log, I saw that an ORA-600 message with argument [4195]
My database is build with :
data.dbf (All my datas)
index.dbf (guess ?)
base.dbf
+
roll, temp.dbf

After analys the base.dbf is not consistent, but data and index are OK I tried recover database until cancel but it didn't work

So, I create a new data base (the same script than the corrupted db) and

I've copied the data and index files on to it. When I open the new database, oracle answers that data and index don't belong to this database.

My question:
Is there any way to retrieve my data? (like an export or something else ...)

I've a too old backup, and the recents backup are not useable :-((

Any suggestion, or advice are welcome

M. Ledauphin

mledauph_at_club-internet.fr Received on Fri Aug 13 1999 - 09:47:16 CDT