Re: code/procedure to read a file

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 12:13:43 GMT

A copy of this was sent to spectre_at_hkstar.com (Steve A) (if that email address didn't require changing) On Fri, 13 Aug 1999 08:29:40 +0800, you wrote:

>Hi,
>i cannot find it in my doc set.
>when I do a search on UTL_file, it only returns 5 lines stating what it
>is.
>do you have a path of where it is on my doc cd.
>steve

application developers guide has a section.

http://technet.oracle.com/doc/server73x/ADG73/ch8.htm#toc089

You need a password for technet but they are free. goto technet.oracle.com if you don't have one already and request one.

>Rafal Czekala <czekala_at_real.pl> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> To manage text files you have utl_file package (read documentation), and
>> in init.ora you must set utl_file_dir=path to have access to
>> disks/files.
>>
>> Rafal Czekala
>>
>> In article <1dwfl18.bmk4lmq0at8gN@[201.1.1.73]>,
>> spectre_at_hkstar.com (Steve A) wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > is there any source available to read/write a text file some where on
>> > systems drive.
>> >
>> > I need to be able to specify the read/write directory & drive.
>> >
>> > steve
>> >

>> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>> Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Fri Aug 13 1999 - 07:13:43 CDT