Chained Rows and DB_BLOCK_SIZE - any relationship ???

From: Kevin A Lewis <KevinALewis_at_Hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 11:34:44 +0100

Is there a relationship between DB_BLOCK_SIZE and chained rows. I thought the controlling factors were the table PCTFREE and PCTUSED settings and the use of column types such as VARCHAR2.

My limited understanding of the mathematics suggests to me that there could be a relationship. I have seen one or two people on this type of forum suggest a link. However I was wondering if anyone else had any practical or experimental experience to draw on.

Regards

--
Kevin A Lewis (BOCM PAULS LTD - Animal Feed Manufacturer - Ipswich England)

                        <KevinALewis_at_HotMail.com>

The views expressed herein by the author of this document are not necessarily those of BOCM PAULS Ltd. Received on Fri Aug 13 1999 - 05:34:44 CDT