Re: Import very slow-URGENT!!!

From: <kal121_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 20:58:02 GMT

Also, I was reading yesterday about the COMMIT=Y parameter. Oracle recommends setting this to Y for large data imports. It will commit after every array insert vs. after every table, which may actually make it faster since you're not having to use as much rollback segment space, but I haven't actually tried it yet.

In article <37B29EDD.99F887D9_at_synergy-infotech.com>,   Anurag Minocha <anurag_at_synergy-infotech.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> We are using oracle 8.0.5 in NT. Our's is a developement database
hence
> we have to drop all the objects for a particular user and import them
> again. This we do atleast twice a day.
> The command we use to expoirt is as follows
>
> and to import we use
> touser=r2
>
> The problem is that the import has become very slow and sometimes it
> justs hangs after importing all the tables and before enabling the
> constraints.
>
> Any help on how to speed up the import process will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> anurag
>
> also reply at
> anurag_at_synery-infotech.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Aug 12 1999 - 15:58:02 CDT