Re: Dumbing Down the OCP test?

From: <kgec_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 19:22:45 GMT

In article <7ot5ki$76v$1_at_bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>,   "Jill" <jc_va_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> I took the 7.3 Backup and Recovery OCP test today. It seemed far
simpler
> than the first 2 I took earlier this year. In fact, I got 100% on
it. I
> didn't get close to that on the first 2 tests.
>
> Another person from this newsgroup mentioned to me privately that he
thought
> they were made easier by Oracle.
>
> If that's the case I would feel that Oracle is diluting the value of
the
> OCP, and doing us all a big disservice.

FWIW, I took it a couple weeks ago and also thought it was a lot easier than the first two, (though I didn't get a 100% on it ;-). But I also thought the subject matter was a lot easier than it was for the others. (Ault's "cram" book lists it as a '3' on the difficulty scale, compared to '4' for the sql/pl-sql exam.)

Congratulations, anyway.

Tommy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Aug 12 1999 - 14:22:45 CDT