Installing Oracle 8i on RED HAT LINUX 5.2

From: <jimjagan_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 17:05:31 GMT

Hi
I am installing ORACLE 8i on RED HAT LINUX 5.2. I had the following problem.could some one help me with it.

The "dba" group for oracle user was created and I continued with the installation process. The installation process has to be run from the start after the option create database account and filling the fields it

asks to locate the file for installation of product or in short call he asks to select oracle product for installation. The first error came was

"failed to create unix.prd" file. After locating the file physically copied thru the file manager utility the file unix.prd into the oracle directory where it looks for this file during installation. After this step was executed i had to again run the installer program, every time the oracle installer program is run i had to fill the details again. There was one more error at the product selection set screen this time it could not find the file orainst.vrf in the hard disk. The error msg was "orainst.vrf(0) : FILE_NOT_FOUND while verifying orainst. (no such file or directory). Again i had to locate the file from CD and copy from

the CD to the hard disk in the specified directory where the installation kit will be looking for it. After completing this process i

had to run again the oracle installer kit. This time it gave an error msg while installing the products the error message was "oraview.vrf(0) FILE_NOT_FOUND while verifying oraview. (no such file or directory)". The file "oraview.vrf" was not there in both the CD's that you sent. Therefore I could not further proceed as this file should be available for proceeding with the installation process.

Thanks
Mohan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Aug 12 1999 - 12:05:31 CDT