Oracle 8.0.5/Linux Library Trouble

From: ghandi <xghandi_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 14:51:34 GMT

This is not so much a problem with Oracle as it is Linux.

I have been working on moving a program originally designed for AIX/WinNT w/ Oracle 7.3.4 to Linux and Oracle 8.0.5. It is a fairly platform independent program, and has been compiled on Solaris w/Oracle 8.0.5 as well. With a little work, it did go under Linux, however, we did have to remove "-laio" from an Oracle file because it was not present on this system( it grabs the includes from some Oracle demo makefiles). I did find an "aio.h" in the system include files, and another one, "aio.ph" in the perl package. I'm running RedHat 6.0-- when searching a RedHat 5.2 box, I found neither of these.

I'm assuming its the library libaio, or something akin to that, but I cannot find it for Linux. Anyone, what does this do, and is there, somewhere, in a distant land freshmeat doesn't touch, a Linux version? And just what is it? It's not desperate, for the program runs-- just adds "Segmentation fault" to the end of all its output(I suspect the invisible libaio may be the cause). It would be nice if it didn't crash and do that.

(-Fritz Heckel)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Aug 12 1999 - 09:51:34 CDT