Re: Problem Using 2 Oracle Environments with 2 Listeners

From: <jmvegalerin_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 07:17:15 GMT

In article <%Lps3.222$Vl5.2171_at_news.goodnet.com>,   "Pat Minnis" <pminnis_at_maverick.net> wrote:
> Use Network Manager to dummy up some temporary files on your client
with 2
> listeners that aren't the default name. This should show all
differences
> you need to know besides having different TCP ports for each.
>
> The Chuckster <ccarson_at_phi.org> wrote in message
> >
> > I have a Solaris 2.6 Server.
> >
> > I have 2 Complete Oracle 8.0.5 Installations (NOT instances). By
this
> > I mean Oracle has been installed twice, one server resides under
> > /oracle1 and one server resides under /oracle2
> >
> > I can run the listener in the first environment fine on port 1520
> > using the command "lsnrctl start MYNAME1"
> >
> > When trying to run the listener in the second environment with the
> > followig command "lsnrctl start MYNAME2" I get the following error
> > from Oracle:
> >
> > TNS-01106 Listener using listener name MYNAME1 already been started.
> >
> > If I terminate the listener in the 1st environment, I can start up
the
> > listener in the 2nd environment without problems.
> >
> > What am I missing?
> >
> > -Chuck

Hello.

I thing what you need is to have:

  1. two full environments for Oracle, one for /oracle1.. and other for /oracle2..

 ORACLE_HOME=/oracle1... for working with listener MYNAME1  and
 ORACLE_HOME=/oracle2.... for working with listener MYNAME2

 If yor work with the same user (oracle8 for exmaple) you need change  the value of ORACLE_HOME when work with one envirinment or other.

2) two lisener.ora.

 One /oracle1.../network/admin/listener.ora whith MYNAME1 and port 1520  and /oracle2.../network/admin/listener.ora with MYNAME2 and port 1521  for example.

 If you wish to work with MYNAME1:

    ORACLE_HOME=/oracle1.....
    export ORACLE_HOME
    lsnrctl start MYNAME1

 If you wish to work with MYNAME2:

    ORACLE_HOME=/oracle2.....
    export ORACLE_HOME
    lsnrctl start MYNAME2

Sorry for my bad english.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Aug 12 1999 - 02:17:15 CDT