Re: LINUX vs. WINDOWS NT for ORACLE 8i

From: Ron Reidy <rereidy_at_uswest.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 00:10:55 -0600

Shaochun Lin wrote:

> Hello:
>
> How many of you have succesfully installed the 8i on LINUX. I am assessing the the platform for this. But don't know whether I should go NT or LINUX as I got some bad impression from this discusion group which is too many bugs on Oracle 8i for LINUX. Is this true. If this is the case, I have to go to NT. I don't spend most of my time to fix some unsolvable bugs on LINUX.
>
> Thanks,
>
> JF

I have a development instance of linux, and am setting up 2 production boxes with Linux.

The install gives some grief, but you can find all the answeres to any problems you encounter on the technet.oracle.com site under the download 8i page.

As for NT, well, do I really need to list all the peeves the entire world feels about this platform?

--
Ron Reidy
Oracle DBA