Re: Database moving

From: <assoy_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 22:40:14 GMT

Yes. You can either move the Database ( Using Create Database With options CREATE CONTROLFILE
or Create export and import it into the new Database home.

( Do Not Trash your Old Database before the New Database is Up and Backed up )

Hope this will help.

In article <7osac1$gf7$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   tpcmohan_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Can i move the database from one platform to another by taking full
> unix backup including software and restore them on new platform.i got
> to move from HP K-box to N-series boxes,offcourse i will make sure the
> mount points will be the same as they were i mean the location of the
> software and all database files...
> waiting for quick response
> thanx
> mohan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Aug 11 1999 - 17:40:14 CDT