Installation of Oracle 8.0.5 on Linux

From: Sundar Raman <cybertoast_at_mindless.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 15:04:56 -0500

I'm trying to install the eval of Oracle 8.0.5 on Linux Mandrake (same as RH6). Install goes well until the point where the installation script tries to start the databases. I get: "Error during action 'Running startzs.sql'. Command: /dat/app/oracle/product/8.0.5/bin/svrmgrl <<! @/dat/app/oracle/admin/zs/create/startzs.sql"

zs is my db sid. So I tried to see why svrmgrl choked. I ran it on the command line, and I get:
svrmgrl: error in loading shared libraries: libclntsh.so.1.0: connot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

However, the file does exist, and is in the path. I'm logged in as user 'oracle' which has
/dat/app/oracle/product/8.0.5/lib in it's path (which is where libclntsh.so.1.0 is located). path also contains /dat/app ... /bin, ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_BASE, and all the other necessary stuff. (I *did* run the orainst.sh script prior to the install, if that is a question that comes up)

Please can anyone help. I've tried everything I can think of for about 3 days, with no success at all :((

Thanks in advance. Received on Wed Aug 11 1999 - 15:04:56 CDT