Problem with multiple Oracle_homes

From: Doug Cowles <dcowles_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 12:08:22 -0400

Trying to instally multiple Oracle products after installing 8i(things like WebDb, Designer, etc). Every installation defaults to installing to the Default_Home for oracle of c:\Orant. Every time I try to intall, I get the following error
"The location specified by "C:\orant" is already used as an Oracle home
for
'Oracle 815 Production'. It cannot be used as an Oracle home for 'nt'."

Somehow, it seems that the 8i installation has some sort of hold on the Home, but I dont know why. I dont know what the message means by 'nt' either.

If I try to change the installations Home directory, I get the following error

"PL/SQL Web Toolkit does not support multiple installations, and
therefor cannot be installed on 'WebDBHome'. It can only be installed on 'DEFAULT_HOME'. In order to install PL/SQL Web Toolkit, please run the Oracle Installer again, and select 'DEFAULT_HOME' as the target location"

Any ideas?? Kind of a catch 22 here. Received on Wed Aug 11 1999 - 11:08:22 CDT